Sunday, November 04, 2007

My folks didn't come to Boston for gourmet grub and visits with friends alone. Yesterday we hit up the Museum of Fine Arts (where I fell in love with Louis-Léopold Boilly) instead of letting hurricane-force winds on the Cape hit us. And today we immersed ourselves (figuratively speaking, of course) in the wonders of watery Creation at the New England Aquarium -- where I fell in love again with my telephoto lens.

Jellyfish are crazy (arguably the world's most numerous predators and some of them are more closely related to humans than to each other!) but Rockhopper penguins are adorable.

(Look closely in this photo and you can totally see that Emperor penguin [statue] gnaw on my decidedly-non-krill-shaped fingers.)

2 Comments:

At Sun Nov 04, 10:56:00 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the sea dragons? And weren't you terrified by the jellies? And isn't the 900-lb tortoise amazing?

Yes, Zac, apparently, I am five.

 
At Mon Nov 05, 09:34:00 PM CST, Blogger Ad Mejorem Dei Gloriam said...

Did you two know that the villain character for the Alien movies was inspired by a deep sea creature...on our planet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home