Thursday, June 28, 2007

This tree, it turns out, does not provide wireless internet access. It does, however, offer all the texture and asperity, all the promise of growth and evidence of growth, you could hope for standing in the front lawn of Loyola House, my home for the next month.

The Alexander Hamilton Memorial Library of Waynesboro PA, on the other hand, does provide wireless internet access. And in the spirit of public libraries, it does so for free. I doubt I'll get here even once a week, but when I do you can rest assured I'll try to post a photo or two.

For now, know that I'm grateful for the good energy and prayers you kind folks are sending (or, feeling sheepish, will soon send) for the staff and retreatants both as we come together to connect with God, with Creation, and -- inextricably in those two -- with one another.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 29, 10:51:00 AM CDT, Blogger David said...

God bless your time there! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you! It's actually turned out to be a good thing that I wasn't chosen for Blue Ridge, because that leaves me free this weekend to visit a friend I haven't seen for two years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home